Mission of BFLS:
The mission of Better Family Life Seminars is to provide transformative workshops to strengthen families and facilitate personal and social healing.
Mission of SFS:
The mission of Spirit First Seminars is to challenge cultural norms and promote sexuality that supports the emotional, mental, physical and spiritual wellbeing of individuals, couples and families.
- Collectively, we are in a sexual crisis
- There is nothing innately wrong, shameful or dirty about sex
- Most people have distorted perceptions about sex which may or may not cause pain or dysfunction for an individual
- It is possible to heal the sexual shame
- It is possible have an experience of harmonizing our sexuality and spirituality
- To achieve sexual wellbeing, both individually and collectively, human sexual behaviour must be guided by universal spiritual principles
- Human potential is realized through education
- Our use of sexuality must honor the dignity in ourselves and others
- We must let go of worn out ideas, attitudes and behaviours to make room for an enlightened perspective
- Women have a special role to play in healing our collective sexuality
- A satisfying sexual relationship is important because it strengthens a couples bond
- Divine virtues belong equally to men and women
- The Power of Discernment is required to increase our consciousness, develop our inner guidance and learn from each other.
- Dignity is the touchstone for behaviour. Setting clear boundaries is necessary.
- Sex is Sacred in its’ power to bring another soul into being and its’ capacity to bond two people to enhance their spiritual, intimate lives together.
- Healing and Spiritual Growth is the context for intimate relationships.
- Personal Empowerment is experienced by both women and men as we listen to each other and strive for Justice and Peace.